Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

January 2022
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Connor's PvE builds  (Read 18789 times)

SeaOfSorrows

• Lieutenant
  • Star Trek is for nerds.
Re: Connor's PvE builds
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2019, 03:41:56 AM »
Sounds good.. right now my Jem is just a dilithium farmer. I will convert him if I decide to actually start running queues with him. He's fine right now in Pugs with a set of Epic Polaron Beams.. but obviously if I want him to really hit hard I'll need to switch him to Cannons.

I am also going to keep beams on my Fed Engineer just because I like the Odyssey and the Kelvin Phasers. She's just a 'for fun' build.. does fine in Advanced but obviously she won't be appearing in Elite using Beams.

Like you said.. one day Beams might be king again.. never know.

Thanks for the tips, very helpful as always.
Too much self love makes you jealous of those that envy you.

SeaOfSorrows

• Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »
So today, my Fed-Hadar scored a critical success on a mission for a Cardassian Engineering Candidate awarding me a shiny new Purple Cardassian Bridge Officer.  :D

So this brings 2 questions for ya..

1. Photographic Memory - How good is this trait? I am thinking of using the Cardassian to replace my Nausicaan Pirate but I am not sure if Photographic Memory is better then Pirate. If I recall correctly, Pirate is a cat2 bonus and if that's the case then the Nausicaan would be superior. Do you know anything about this?

2. Does Photographic memory stack? Again, probably doesn't matter since my Tacticals are SRO's and my Science is a Pirate (Hierarchy BoFF) but I am just curious.

I am leaning toward selling him, as he's worth about 14M on the exchange.. but I kind of like having a Cardassian on my crew and 14M isn't that much anyway.

Connor

• Omega Combat Division
  • Command Officer
  • Captain
  • Third Watch
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2019, 11:18:03 PM »
Hey good morning Sea! GZ on the Cardi draw.  :)

1)   To my knowledge the trait is inferior to the pirate one so I would not replace it. pirate is + bonus dmg (so redditís cat 2) and Iím relatively sure photographic memory is only + dmg (so reeditís cat 1). I have 1 cardi myself for thematic aspects on my jem char and will see if I can check later if this is true for sure. 

2)   Yea I think the trait stacks. Perhaps there is something mentioned in the description even as Cardis are relatively new.

Iíd sell him as RP peeps pay a lot (I did too for my cradi chick  :( ). Pirate on the other hand is definitely bonus dmg, it stacks too. Whats cool is that it is + bonus *all*dmg so it will increase exotics alongside your weapon (mixes) which the cardi would not even if it were bonus.

In general the Order of boff (trait) usefulness should still work as follows:

Kentari (only 1) > Superior Romulan Operative (up to 5) > Jemíhadar Vanguard (up to 3) > Hireachy (only  1) > Nausicaan (up to 5)

I'd place a Cardi then at the end of the chain but still before suarians and humans.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:25:57 PM by Connor »

You joined Omega Combat Division
<Dev>Tacofangs@nduguid: Np Neela!
Connor@peterconnorfirst does not believe in a No-Win scenario.

SeaOfSorrows

• Lieutenant
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2019, 01:27:44 AM »
Ok, so I want to see what you think of this build..

I have a character that I really don't use for much.. a Starfleet Engineer. I was thinking of making her into a tank for things like HSE because really.. she doesn't do much else.

I know that the Vengeance is a great tank, but she doesn't have one. She does have the Tactical Miracle Worker which makes an excellent tank.. but I have decided on her to use a Fleet Yamato because I like the ship and want to find a use for it.

The big hinderance is that she does not have access to the DPRM Console.. that hurts, I know.. she might acquire it in the future. So what I have set out to do is theory craft a tank that while not 'perfect' should be able to hold threat and stay alive in HSE. With that in mind.. here is the idea:

Yamato Beam Tank.

It has a nice amount of hull heals and should be able to pull enough DPS to hold threat. The Tachyon Beam is just to proc the Improved Tachyon Beam trait for team shield heals.  It would be better with a DPMS, but this is a character that I am trying to find a use for without getting her a ton of Lobi/Lockbox stuff.

She might be better off with the Iconian Set, but she already has the 'Meta' setup so I will likely stick with it.

What do you think? Am I smoking crack here? or does this look good? Is it worth trying to make a tank without things like the DPRM and the 'History Will Remember' Trait?

Connor

• Omega Combat Division
  • Command Officer
  • Captain
  • Third Watch
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2019, 04:48:09 AM »
Ok, so I want to see what you think of this build..

I have a character that I really don't use for much.. a Starfleet Engineer. I was thinking of making her into a tank for things like HSE because really.. she doesn't do much else.

I know that the Vengeance is a great tank, but she doesn't have one. She does have the Tactical Miracle Worker which makes an excellent tank.. but I have decided on her to use a Fleet Yamato because I like the ship and want to find a use for it.

The big hinderance is that she does not have access to the DPRM Console.. that hurts, I know.. she might acquire it in the future. So what I have set out to do is theory craft a tank that while not 'perfect' should be able to hold threat and stay alive in HSE. With that in mind.. here is the idea:

Yamato Beam Tank.

It has a nice amount of hull heals and should be able to pull enough DPS to hold threat. The Tachyon Beam is just to proc the Improved Tachyon Beam trait for team shield heals.  It would be better with a DPMS, but this is a character that I am trying to find a use for without getting her a ton of Lobi/Lockbox stuff.

She might be better off with the Iconian Set, but she already has the 'Meta' setup so I will likely stick with it.

What do you think? Am I smoking crack here? or does this look good? Is it worth trying to make a tank without things like the DPRM and the 'History Will Remember' Trait?

Wow Sea you have a tank :)

Everything looks right as far as I can tell. Tanking worked for me even before the history will remember trait. It is a benefit but not a big one. You have 3 mega heal consoles aboard while I use only 1 of them together with the DPRM. This should lead to equal results.

In HSE I usually start with reverse shield polarity; when it elapse I use the 2 heal consoles in a row after which reverse shield polarity is ready again. After that comes a hot phase where I need to use shield bubble, defence platform and reactive armor catalyst before one of the mega heal consoles is ready again.

No need to change away from you core systems (def, eng, core, shield). I use them on Kíris too that way. There is also the option to get the core of competitive rep as the 3 piece offers some more durability but there is no need for that really.

ICO set is still great but at the upper end it is really down to support roles now where you try to boost your teams DPS (Recluse/Tarantula). On a tank you need to keep your own DPS up and the setup we have on our tacs feels best for that.

Neela would definitely run HSE with you as tank. You surely have the tools and the rest is only practice where one needs to learn to chain all heals in a row without panicking. Please also realize that its close to impossible to balance a tank for all teams you might end up with. Sometimes I wish Iíd pack more heals, sometimes less feel appropriate but thatís the live of a tank I guess. It is all about the team.

Good Job.  8)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:33:46 AM by Connor »

SeaOfSorrows

• Lieutenant
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2019, 07:15:05 PM »
Cool, thanks for the feedback.

Looks like we have an upgrade weekend coming up, so I will see how many kits I have left over after doing a few things and probably get this thing built.  8)

Connor

• Omega Combat Division
  • Command Officer
  • Captain
  • Third Watch
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2019, 05:37:46 AM »
- Memo to self: stuff to get and to upgrade for next upgrade weekend -

In addition to some new stuff released all PvE builds of mine are in constant process of fine tuning so I make check list here to plan ahead what to upgrade and in order to get enough phoenix tokens not to mention the respective items in advance.

From the new reputation the Burnham EV suit will the new standard ground armor on all my characters. Iím currently even considering the full 3 piece of that set on perhaps 2 chars as melee can be interesting on some maps but donít know for sure yet.

The Tommy Gun from first contact event rapidly advanced to my new favorite ground weapon for nearly all maps on the toons I have tested it with. It suits my lazy playstyle there massively as one does not need to aim much and still always hits. It is also very fast and lets me attack just in time as Iím often in team with good players (hey EZ!). The gun will also be in nice sync with the new EV suit as it buffs the physical dmg the gun deals.

For space the lorca console is a must have for my torpedo build and can be used on Neela on occasion as well with its shield pen enhancement (HSE, ISA records).

Neela: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Lorca's Custom Fire Controls, Omega Armor, Omega Shield, Omega Weapon

Zarlotte: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit

Kíris: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Prevailing Fortified Warp Core, 5 x Phaser Locater, 2 x Colony Tac consoles, Gamma console, Gamma phaser turret, Terran Phaser DHC, CC Phaser Turret, Quad Phaser, Sensor Linked Phaser DC

Connor: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit

Imp: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Disco Quantum Torp, Disco DBB

Halo: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit

Telora: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit

Cabal: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Replica Thompson Submachine Gun

Chameleon: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Replica Thompson Submachine Gun

Peter: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Replica Thompson Submachine Gun, 4 x Spiral Wave Disruptor Beam Arrays, Terran Dis DHC, CC cosole, CC Turret, Dis Quad Cannons

VíNah: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Replica Thompson Submachine Gun, 4 x Spiral Wave Disruptor Dual Cannons, Spiral Wave Turret, BIC, hyper cap shield

First: Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit, Lorca's Custom Fire Controls, Discovery Rep Shield, Discovery Rep Warp Core
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:50:58 PM by Connor »

Enterprise © Bloc